When I’m high


When I’m high



When I'm high
so high on the shots I have had
in the hills of sorrow
I let myself down, when I'm high,
when I look down on the valley of misery.


When I'm high, I want to be high
as high as the sky
and when I'm high
I want to soar across the sky
singing the songs of freedom.

When I'm high, the end of living draws nigh
but in this July of my life I sigh
the slipping seasons vie with no end in sight;
The end belies, stay unchanged all the things thereby
The end denies the means.

When I'm high, I'm high on anything
I'm high, so high on the gunpowders that
I smack from the barrels of the guns;
so high on the blood that
I suck from the bodies of the commons.

When I'm high,
I could throw up on two
and half million faces and get away with it,
when I'm too high
I know I can reject the voices of the voiceless.

When I'm high
I cannot smile on these shining things,
I cannot handle these fickle incredible things;
I can only say, we live in houses only too creaky
in the building of an unknown country.

Nothing matters anyway
But the heroin, alcohol, marijuana, meth and others.
I have found all my friends too,
even if the police have blocked the road to our haven
We're marching ahead: we need some more shots, some more pots.



Comments

Trending Posts

Monthly Records

Show more

Subscribe

You can read the latest updates on your email. Don’t miss any post and read it at your convenience by subscribing to this blog. Your subscription is also my energy! It encourages me to do more and better.

Subscribe to this blog